Brunswick Park Fun Run 2017 – Friday 26th May
On the last day of half term, Friday 26th May, we will be holding a fun run for the whole school. Some of you may remember the success of our last two fun run events in 2013 and 2016. We are hoping to make sure this event will be even bigger and even better with a record 390 students set to take part. The event will once again take place on the field and in the woods next to the school.
Each child has been given a sponsorship form with this letter, with the aim that everyone raises at least £1 towards our chosen charity. 75% of money raised will be going to Noah’s Ark children’s hospice with the remaining 25% being spent on new sports equipment for the children.
Please complete sponsorship form on the other side and return before the deadline of Wednesday 24th May
Please indicate if you are: paying in cash or have made your donation online through School money – Fun run account.
Children are invited to do their run in fancy dress, although this is optional. It is essential, however, that all children wear suitable trainers and are prepared for the weather on the day! Children should also make sure they bring a water bottle for them to drink once they have completed the race.
The timings for the different races are as follows:
Nursery Dash – 9:10am (smaller lap of a football pitch)
Reception Race – 9:10am (one lap of a football pitch)
Year 1 Race – 9:30am (one lap of a football pitch & woodland trail)
Year 2/3 Race – 10:30am (lap of three football pitches & woodland trail)
Year 4/5/6 Race – 2pm (lap of the entire field, woodland trail & final loop)
When children are not running in their own race, they will be supporting other year groups whilst completing their challenge, to create a supportive and positive atmosphere for our runners. It promises to be a great day!
If you have any questions regarding the fun run, please come and speak to Mr Reisman at the beginning or end of the school day. A letter with further information will also be sent out closer to the time, outlining more specific details and what parents can do to support on the day.