Mr A. Griffiths – Head Teacher – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs J. Kennedy – Deputy Head Teacher – email@example.com
Mrs Tracy Strachan – Learning Mentor -firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs A. Pringle – SENCo – email@example.com
For more information regarding the role of the SENCo, please visit the SENCo page.
The role of the Pastoral Team is to:
- Provide support and guidance to families and children who are facing difficulties.
- Provide support and guidance to those working with children.
- Promote effective participation of the child/family in school activities.
- Provide opportunities for the school and build wider community relationships.
- Raise aspirations by helping children and their families achieve their potential.
Mrs Tracy Strachan – Learning Mentor – firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of the Learning Mentor is to:
- Provide Support and guidance to children who are facing difficulties at school and/or at home which can create barriers to learning and happiness.
- Promote effective participation of the child in all school activities.
- Enhance Individual Learning.
- Raise Aspirations
- Help Children to achieve their potential.
What kind of support is offered:
- Individual Sessions (one to one Mentoring)
- Group Sessions (Nurturing/Social Skills/Resilience/Friendship)
- Circle Times (when requested by staff)
- Transition Work in class
- Interventions at Lunchtime/in Playground/Drop In sessions in the Mentoring Room
- E – Safety
- Sex Education
- School Council
- Overseeing Tuck Shop
- Additional Support in Class (if requested)
- Homework Club
- Any pupil can be referred by Parents/Teaching Staff/Support Staff/Self Referral
Mentoring is to support and encourage children to manage their own learning in order that they may maximize their potential and develop their skills, improve their performance and become the person that they want to be.