Mrs Martha Brown – SENDCo
I am the school’s Special Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo). My role is to support early identification of needs and develop strategies and programmes for children with Special Needs. This is maintained through close analysis and assessment of children to create a plan of action that best suits their needs.
My role includes:
• Coordinating provision for children with special educational needs.
• Liaising with and advising fellow teachers.
• Overseeing the records of all children with special educational needs.
• Liaising with parents of children with special educational needs.
• Contributing to the in-service training of staff.
• Liaising with external agencies including the LEA’s support and education psychology services, health and social services, and voluntary bodies.
Inclusion is a key component at our school and we believe that all children, irrespective of boundaries to learning, are able to access the curriculum. If you have any concerns about your child’s health, disability, or special educational need please contact me at the school.
DfE Code of Practice 2014
The SEND information advice and support service (SENDIASS) http://www.barnet.gov.uk/info/930042/parent_partnership_barnet/190/parent_partnership_barnet
The Barnet Local Offer – Parent Partnership Barnet http://www.barnet.gov.uk/info/920012the_local_offer_and_special_educational_needs/1217/the_local_offer_and_special_educational_needs