Ruyan Sem and June Foley hope that you have had a fantastic summer and would like to welcome you to Year 2! We are both looking forward to working with you to ensure that your children continue to achieve their full potential. We are also delighted to inform you that Zoe Brown and Will Fraser will be a part of the year 2 team and will play a vital role in supporting children with their learning.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss any issues about your child, then please do not hesitate to ask. You are more than welcome to make an appointment to meet after school. I will also be doing a ‘meet the teacher’ morning on Thursday 15th September from 9-9:30am in the classroom. The coffee morning will introduce you to the core text that your child will be working on this half term and also explain the expectations for the year and discuss ways in which we can work together to ensure your child’s progress.
Our PE days will be:
- Wednesday – (Indoor PE with the sports coach)
- Thursday – (Outdoor PE with the sports coach)
Please ensure that your child has the correct PE kit and suitable footwear.
Homework will be sent home on Fridays, to be completed and returned by the following Wednesday. The children will be able to discuss their homework at school if they need any extra help, however, your support with home learning is vital for the children to achieve their full potential.
It is also important for you and your child to read every night and to complete their reading journal. Please also ensure that your child brings their book bag to school every day.
Thank you for your support!
Topic focus- St. Pauls Cathedral
We will be going on a trip to St. Paul’s Cathedral on Thursday 13th October. More details to follow.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR OUR CLASS
- Monday 19th September: School Council Elections Day
- Tuesday 20th September, 9.00am: Homework Information Morning for parents of children in Years 1-3 – Come along and find out about our new home-learning policy
- Thursday 22nd September, 7pm: Year 2 SATS INFORMATION MEETING for parents of children in Year 2
- Wednesday 28th- 2S class assembly- 9.00am (approx)
- Monday 3rd October, 10am: Mayor to present results of the School Council elections – Come along to this assembly if your child has been chosen to be a member of our school council
- Wednesday 12th October, 8pm: PTA MEETING – All welcome
- Friday 14th October, 2.45pm: NEW THIS YEAR ‘BOOK LOOK OPEN AFTERNOON’ – Come along to your child’s classroom and have a look at what they have been learning about in class.
- Monday 17th October, 3.30-7pm: PARENT CONSULTATION EVENING
- Wednesday 19th October, 3.30-5pm: PARENT CONSULTATION AFTERNOON
- Thursday 20th October: PTA HALLOWEEN DISCO
- Friday 21st October, 2pm: PTA CRAFTING EVENT – More details to follow
- Monday 24th October – Friday 28th October: HALF TERM
- Monday 31st October: INSET DAY – SCHOOL CLOSED
- Friday 4th November: PTA NON-UNIFORM DAY – Please bring in any unwanted gifts or a gift item
- Friday 11th November, 2pm: PTA CRAFTING EVENT – More details to follow
- Monday 14th November: ANTI-BULLYING WEEK
- Wednesday 16th November, 8pm: PTA MEETING – All welcome
- Friday 18th November: NON-UNIFORM DAY – Please bring in chocolate or sweets
- Friday 2nd December: PTA NON UNIOFORM DAY – Please bring in a bottle