Nadya Rosiak, Jo Kennedy and Fran Smith would like to welcome you to Year 5! We are looking forward to working with you to make sure your children can achieve their best, through fun, practical learning. If you would like to see us at any time to discuss any issues about your child, please do not hesitate to come and ask. We are available after school on Tuesday from 3:15 to 3:45. If you are interested in helping in school please let us know.
Both PE and swimming will be on Thursdays this term. Please ensure your child has the correct PE kit for the time of year!
For swimming, children need their swimming costume, towel and goggles. They should not wear their costume to school under their uniform.
It is really vital that you help us and your child with homework. Please make sure your child reads each night and brings their book bag to school each day. On Fridays, homework will be sent home to be returned the following Wednesday. This year, homework will often involve tasks / projects that need to be completed with a family member. Please offer your full support to your child in this regard. The children are able to come and discuss their homework with us, in class, if they need extra help.
It is vital that your child is in school on time every day. Your child needs to be lined up in the playground by 8.50am each morning. If we achieve the best attendance and punctuality in a week then the class will get a special reward of extra play time on a Friday afternoon. Please help us to work towards this!
IMPORTANT DATES FOR OUR CLASS
- Tuesday 13th September: Meet the teacher
- Friday 16th September: Year 6 Cake Sale in the playground after school
- Monday 19th September: School Council Elections Day
- Wednesday 21st September, 9.00am: Homework Information Morning for parents of children in Years 4-6 – Come along and find out about our new home-learning policy
- Monday 3rd October, 10am: Mayor to present results of the School Council elections – Come along to this assembly if your child has been chosen to be a member of our school council
- Wednesday 12th October, 8pm: PTA MEETING – All welcome
- Friday 14th October, 2.45pm: NEW THIS YEAR ‘BOOK LOOK OPEN AFTERNOON’ – Come along to your child’s classroom and have a look at what they have been learning about in class
- Monday 17th October, 3.30-7pm: PARENT CONSULTATION EVENING
- Wednesday 19th October, 3.30-5pm: PARENT CONSULTATION AFTERNOON
- Thursday 20th October: PTA HALLOWEEN DISCO
- Friday 21st October, 2pm: PTA CRAFTING EVENT – More details to follow
- Friday 21st October: Year 5 Cake Sale in the playground after school
- Monday 24th October – Friday 28th October: HALF TERM
- Monday 31st October: INSET DAY – SCHOOL CLOSED
- Friday 4th November: PTA NON-UNIFORM DAY – Please bring in any unwanted gifts or a gift item
- Friday 11th November, 2pm: PTA CRAFTING EVENT – More details to follow
- Monday 14th November: ANTI-BULLYING WEEK
- Wednesday 16th November, 8pm: PTA MEETING – All welcome
- Tuesday 22nd November: Year 5KR school trip to Harry Potter (Warner Bros) Studio Tour
- Wednesday 30th November: year 5KR assembly
- Friday 18th November: NON-UNIFORM DAY – Please bring in chocolate or sweets
- Friday 25th November: PTA FACE PAINTING AND CRAFTING EVENT – More details to follow
- Friday 2nd December: PTA NON UNIFORM DAY – Please bring in a bottle
- Tuesday 6th December: Year 5RK science school trip
- Wednesday 14th December, 8pm: PTA MEETING – All welcome
- Thursday 15th December, 1.30pm: Year 1 Christmas Show for parents
- Friday 16th December: Year 3 Cake Sale after school
- Tuesday 20th December: LAST DAY OF TERM, SCHOOL CLOSES AT 1.30PM