Welcome back! We hope you have had a relaxing summer break. We would like to take the opportunity to welcome you to Year 3 and to introduce you to the team. The adults working with 3P are; Miss Portelli and Miss Sumpter. We are looking forward to this term and will ensure that the children continue to achieve their full potential. If you would like to see us at any time to discuss any issues about your child, please do not hesitate to come and ask. We are available after school on Tuesdays from 3:15 – 3:45pm.
PE will be on a Monday, with the second PE slot on Thursday. Please ensure your child has the correct PE kit. This includes a Brunswick Park PE kit and suitable footwear for the time of year. Children should keep their PE kits in school all week and take them home at the end of each week to be washed
It is vital that you help your child with homework. Please ensure your child reads every night, fills in their reading journal, and brings their book bag to school each day. On Fridays, homework will be sent home to be returned by the following Wednesday. The children are able to come and discuss their homework with us, in class, if they need any extra help.
The children will be visiting Chiltern Open Air Museum on Monday, 19th September. This will be a wonderful opportunity for the children to learn all about life in Stone Age times, in line with our topic for this term. Please ensure payments are made promptly.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR OUR CLASS
- Thursday 15th September: Year 3P Meet the Teacher at 3.15pm in our classroom
- Friday 16th September: Year 6 Cake Sale in the playground after school
- Monday 19th September: School Council Elections Day
- Monday 19th September: Year 3 trip to Chiltern Open Air Museum
- Tuesday 20th September, 9.00am: Homework Information Morning for parents of children in Years 1-3 – Come along and find out about our new home-learning policy
- Wednesday 21st September, 9.00am: Homework Information Morning for parents of children in Years 4-6 – Come along and find out about our new home-learning policy
- Thursday 22nd September, 7pm: Year 2 SATS INFORMATION MEETING for parents of children in Year 2
- Monday 3rd October, 10am: Mayor to present results of the School Council elections – Come along to this assembly if your child has been chosen to be a member of our school council
- Wednesday 12th October, 8pm: PTA MEETING – All welcome
- Friday 14th October, 2.45pm: NEW THIS YEAR ‘BOOK LOOK OPEN AFTERNOON’ – Come along to your child’s classroom and have a look at what they have been learning about in class.
- Monday 17th October, 3.30-7pm: PARENT CONSULTATION EVENING
- Wednesday 19th October, 3.30-5pm: PARENT CONSULTATION AFTERNOON
- Thursday 20th October: PTA HALLOWEEN DISCO
- Friday 21st October, 2pm: PTA CRAFTING EVENT – More details to follow
- Friday 21st October: Year 5 Cake Sale in the playground after school
- Monday 24th October – Friday 28th October: HALF TERM
- Monday 31st October: INSET DAY – SCHOOL CLOSED
- Friday 4th November: PTA NON-UNIFORM DAY – Please bring in any unwanted gifts or a gift item
- Friday 11th November, 2pm: PTA CRAFTING EVENT – More details to follow
- Monday 14th November: ANTI-BULLYING WEEK
- Wednesday 16th November, 8pm: PTA MEETING – All welcome
- Friday 18th November: NON-UNIFORM DAY – Please bring in chocolate or sweets
- Friday 25th November: PTA FACE PAINTING AND CRAFTING EVENT – More details to follow
- Friday 2nd December: PTA NON UNIOFORM DAY – Please bring in a bottle
- Wednesday 14th December, 8pm: PTA MEETING – All welcome
- Thursday 15th December, 1.30pm: Year 1 Christmas Show for parents