Joanne Ehrenmark, Megan Bailey and Fiona Murray would like to welcome you to Year 4!
If you would like to see me at any time to discuss any issues about your child, please do not hesitate to come and ask. I am available most days after school from 3.15 to 3.45
Our PE days are Tuesday and Friday. This term the children will be learning tag rugby and taking part in gymnastics.
Please ensure your child has the correct school PE kit and that it is appropriate for the time of year. Children should keep their PE kits in school all week and take them home at the end of each week to be washed.
It is vital that you help us and your child with homework. Please make sure your child reads each night, fills in their reading journal, and brings their book bag to school each day. Homework will be sent home on Fridays to be completed by the following Wednesday. The children are able to come and discuss their homework with us, in class, if they need extra help.
Our class assembly will take place on Wednesday 2nd November at 9.00am. This is an opportunity for the children to present some of the work they have been doing so far in Year 4. We look forward to seeing you there.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR OUR CLASS
- Tuesday 13th September: Meet the Teacher afternoon 3.15-3.45pm
- Friday 16th September: Year 6 Cake Sale in the playground after school
- Monday 19th September: School Council Elections Day
- Wednesday 21st September, 9.00am: Homework Information Morning for parents of children in Years 4-6 – Come along and find out about our new home-learning policy
- Monday 3rd October, 10am: Mayor to present results of the School Council elections – Come along to this assembly if your child has been chosen to be a member of our school council
- Wednesday 12th October, 8pm: PTA MEETING – All welcome
- Friday 14th October, 2.45pm: NEW THIS YEAR ‘BOOK LOOK OPEN AFTERNOON’ – Come along to your child’s classroom and have a look at what they have been learning about in class.
- Monday 17th October, 3.30-7pm: PARENT CONSULTATION EVENING
- Wednesday 19th October, 3.30-5pm: PARENT CONSULTATION AFTERNOON
- Thursday 20th October: PTA HALLOWEEN DISCO
- Friday 21st October, 2pm: PTA CRAFTING EVENT – More details to follow
- Friday 21st October: Year 5 Cake Sale in the playground after school
- Monday 24th October – Friday 28th October: HALF TERM
- Monday 31st October: INSET DAY – SCHOOL CLOSED
- Wednesday 2nd November – 4E CLASS ASSEMBLY
- Friday 4th November: PTA NON-UNIFORM DAY – Please bring in any unwanted gifts or a gift item
- Friday 11th November, 2pm: PTA CRAFTING EVENT – More details to follow
- Monday 14th November: ANTI-BULLYING WEEK
- Wednesday 16th November, 8pm: PTA MEETING – All welcome
- Friday 18th November: NON-UNIFORM DAY – Please bring in chocolate or sweets
- Friday 25th November: PTA FACE PAINTING AND CRAFTING EVENT – More details to follow
- Friday 2nd December: PTA NON UNIFORM DAY – Please bring in a bottle
- Wednesday 14th December, 8pm: PTA MEETING – All welcome
- Thursday 15th December, 1.30pm: Year 1 Christmas Show for parents
- Friday 16th December: Year 3 Cake Sale after school
- Wednesday 21st December: LAST DAY OF TERM, SCHOOL CLOSES AT 1.30PM