Assembly October 2016
The Year 6 team would like to welcome you to the new school term and year! We are:
Miss Oxland- class teacher
Mrs Durrans – teaching assistant
Mrs Kassam – teaching assistant
If you would like to discuss any issues about your child, please do not hesitate to come and ask. I am available most days after school from 3.15 to 3.45.
Our PE days are Wednesdays and Fridays. On Wednesdays children will be doing outdoor PE (netball) and Fridays they will be doing indoor PE (dance) . Please ensure your child has the correct school PE kit and that it is appropriate for the time of year.
On Fridays, homework will be sent home to be completed and returned by the following Wednesday.
It is vital that you help us and your child with homework. Please make sure your child reads each night, fills in their reading journal, and brings their book bag to school each day. The children are able to come and discuss their homework with us, in class on a Monday, if they need extra help.
This first half term Year 6 will be studying Anthony Horowitz’s book ‘Stormbreaker’ in Literacy. Cross-curricular links will be made to Geography, DT, music and PE. In keeping with the ‘spy’ theme, our trip this half term will be to Cuffley Camp where the children will take part activities to improve their map reading and compass skills.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR OUR CLASS
- Friday 16th September: Year 6 Cake Sale in the playground after school
- Monday 19th September: School Council Elections Day
- Tuesday 20th September, 9.00am: Homework Information Morning for parents of children in Years 1-3 – Come along and find out about our new home-learning policy
- Wednesday 21st September, 9.00am: Homework Information Morning for parents of children in Years 4-6 – Come along and find out about our new home-learning policy
- Thursday 22nd September, 7pm: Year 2 SATS INFORMATION MEETING for parents of children in Year 2
- Monday 3rd October, 10am: Mayor to present results of the School Council elections – Come along to this assembly if your child has been chosen to be a member of our school council
- Wednesday 12th October, 8pm: PTA MEETING – All welcome
- Friday 14th October, 2.45pm: NEW THIS YEAR ‘BOOK LOOK OPEN AFTERNOON’ – Come along to your child’s classroom and have a look at what they have been learning about in class.
- Monday 17th October, 3.30-7pm: PARENT CONSULTATION EVENING
- Tuesday 18th October : Trip to Cuffley Camp
- Wednesday 19th October, 3.30-5pm: PARENT CONSULTATION AFTERNOON
- Thursday 20th October: PTA HALLOWEEN DISCO
- Friday 21st October, 2pm: PTA CRAFTING EVENT – More details to follow
- Friday 21st October: Year 5 Cake Sale in the playground after school
- Monday 24th October – Friday 28th October: HALF TERM
- Monday 31st October: INSET DAY – SCHOOL CLOSED
- Friday 4th November: PTA NON-UNIFORM DAY – Please bring in any unwanted gifts or a gift item
- Friday 11th November, 2pm: PTA CRAFTING EVENT – More details to follow
- Monday 14th November: ANTI-BULLYING WEEK
- Wednesday 16th November, 8pm: PTA MEETING – All welcome
- Friday 18th November: NON-UNIFORM DAY – Please bring in chocolate or sweets
- Friday 25th November: PTA FACE PAINTING AND CRAFTING EVENT – More details to follow
- Friday 2nd December: PTA NON UNIFORM DAY – Please bring in a bottle
- Wednesday 14th December, 8pm: PTA MEETING – All welcome
- Thursday 15th December, 1.30pm: Year 1 Christmas Show for parents
- Friday 16th December: Year 3 Cake Sale after school
- Tuesday 20th December: LAST DAY OF TERM, SCHOOL CLOSES AT 1.30PM